TNSET 2017: Tamil Nadu State Eligibility Test (TNSET) is a competitive exam conducted by the government of Tamil Nadu for appointing Assistant Professors in Arts and Science Colleges of the State. Mother Theresa University, Kodaikanal is the nodal agency which conducts TNSET 2017. This university has been appointed by the Government of Tamil Nadu for conducting TNSET Exam 2017. Aspirants who are seeking for Assistant Professor Jobs in colleges and universities may make use of this opportunity. Here in this article candidates who are willing to participate in TNSET 2017 may get information about the Online Application Filling process and the eligibility criteria for this exam in detail.
|Exam Name||Tamil Nadu State Eligibility Test (TNSET)|
|Authority||Mother Theresa University, Kodaikanal|
|Exam Type||Objective & Descriptive|
|Total Marks||350 only|
|Exam Date||23rd April 2017|
TNSET 2017 Exam
Aspirants who possess masters degree in any of the below given 25 subjects are eligible to participate in TNSET 2017 Exam. As per the syllabus for UGC/ CSIR-NET the exam will be conducted. Individuals who are eager to become an assistant professor are invited to participate in the written exam. All the question papers are in English only other than language papers.
|Subject Code||Subject||Medium of Question|
|03||Computer Science & Application||English|
|12||Journalism and Mass Communication||English|
|25||Geology (Earth & Space)||English|
Candidates having any master’s degree in concerned discipline are eligible to apply for TNSET 2017 exam. Aspirants who are appearing for their final year exam in Masters Degree are also eligible.
The exam will be conducted for totally 25 different subjects. However, candidate can appear for one subject at the time of TNSET Exam.
- BA, MA/ M.Phil
- Sc, M.Sc/ M.Phil
- Com, M.Com/ M.Phil
- BBA, MBA
There is no age limit for participating in TNSET 2017 Exam. All category candidates are exempted from age restrictions.
Based on the marks obtained in the candidates will be shortlisted and invited for interview. Finally evaluating the aspirants score obtained in the exam and considering the performance in the interview selection takes place.
- Written Test
- Personal Interview
Applicants have to pay an examination fee to participate in TNSET Exam 2017. There are three ranges of exam fee, based on the category this fee differs for each candidate.
- For General Category – Rs.1500/-
- For BC/ MBC/ DNC Category – Rs.1250/-
- For SC/ ST/ PwD Category – Rs.500/-
- Late Fee for Application (if Applicable) – Rs.300/-
Only online mode of remittance is accepted, aspirants paying fee by means of IPO/ Demand Draft or in any other modes will be summarily rejected without any explanations.
TNSET 2017 Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern for TNSET 2017 contains three sessions and each session contains three papers. Here we can refer TNSET Exam Pattern in detailed.
- Exam Sessions – Three
- Total Marks – 350
- Total Questions – 150
- Duration – 5 hours
|Session||Paper||Marks||No of Questions||Duration||Schedule|
|First||1||100||60 (50 have to attempt)||75 Minutes||9:30 AM to 10.45 AM|
|Second||2||100||50 questions||75 Minutes||11:15 AM to 12:30 PM|
|Third||3||150||50 questions||150 Minutes||2:00 PM to 4:30 PM|
How to Apply Online for TNSET Exam 2017
Candidates who wish to apply online for TNSET Exam have to submit their applications online. Here aspirants may find detailed steps to fill the Online Application.
- Log on to the TNSET Application portal “www.tnsetexam2017mtwu.ac.in”
- There you will the link to submit your applications click on “Apply Online” link
- A new page opens; enter all your “Personal, Academic and Professional” details
- Upload the scanned copies of “Photo and Signature” in respective dimensions
- Then candidates have to pay the exam fee by means or “Credit/ Debit Card or Net banking”
- After successfully paying examination fee you can “Submit Application” online
- On submission you will get “Application Number” and acknowledge.
- Take a printout of this document for future reference.
TNSET 2017 Exam Date
- Online Application Submission Starts from – 12th Feb 2017
- Online Application Submission Ends on – 12th March 2017
- Last Date to Submit Application with Late Fee – 19th March 2017
- Date of Written Examination – 23rd April 2017
Note: In the above article we have discussed about the upcoming TNSET 2017 Exam. All the information about the Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern and Application process are discussed briefly. If necessary, candidates may refer the official notification to gather more information.