TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2017 for Combined Civil Services (CCS-1) Exam. Finally the much awaited, notification from Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) has been revealed for Combined Civil Services (CCS-1) Exam 2017. We already updated the TNPSC Group 1 Notification aspirants may refer it for knowing the applying procedure. To assist the Group-1 aspirants here we came up with the detailed information about TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus for both preliminary and main exams. As per the notification exam has been scheduled to take place on 19th February 2016. There is only around three months for the exam from now. Aspirants who are eager to become TNPSC Group 1 Officer have to work hard to achieve it. Refer the syllabus given here or go through the attachment linked to this article.
|Updates Related to TNPSC Group 1 Exam|
|TNPSC Group Exams Notification||TNPSC Group 1 Online Application|
|TNPSC Group 1 Exam Eligibility||TNPSC Group 1 Exam Date 2017|
|TNPSC Group 1 Question Papers||TNPSC Group 1 Exam Hall Ticket|
|TNPSC Group 1 Exam Answer Key||TNPSC Group 1 Exam Result 2017|
|TNPSC Group 2 Exam Notification||TNPSC Group 4 Exam Notification|
TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus
Syllabus is the topics or subjects which are to be covered for a competitive, school or university exams. As above said, TNPSC has scheduled to conduct exam written exam for the Combined Civil Services (CCS-1). In order to prepare for this exam it updated the syllabus in their official website. But many candidates feel hard to retrieve it, to assist those aspirants here we discussed about TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus with detailed illustrations. Based on TNPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern we have updated the section wise topics for General Studies and Language paper.
Group 1 Syllabus for Preliminary Exam
The preliminary exam for Combined Civil Services (CCS-1) contains only one paper and candidates have to answer the questions in objective type. The questions for this exam will be drafted from general studies and it will be in degree standard.
The Syllabus for Preliminary 1 Exam as follows,
- Unit – 1 General Science
- Unit – 2 Current Events
- Political Science
- Unit – 3 Geography
- Unit – 4 History and Culture of India
- Unit – 5 Indian Polity
- Unit – 6 Indian Economy
- Unit – 7 Indian National Movement
- Unit – 8 Aptitude and Mental Ability Tests
- Logical Reasoning
Topics listed here for preliminary exam contains many sub topics under each section. Candidates may refer the Group 1 Preliminary Exam Syllabus for more information about each topic. Aspirants who else recently prepared for TNPSC Group 2 Exam may feel easy to appear for Group 1 Exam, because the syllabus for both of these exams is almost same.
TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus for Main Exam
Aspirants who else successfully completed the preliminary exam will get intimation about the main exams. After receiving the intimation candidates have to pay the examination fee and advised to appear for the exam on the scheduled date. The date for this exam will be notified by TNPSC and the exam will be held only in Chennai.
The main exam comprises three papers, as per the exam pattern the exam for these three papers will be conducted separately and each paper carries 100 marks. The syllabuses for these three papers are from General Studies and the questions are degree standard. Candidates have to answer the main exam in descriptive type which also includes language paper.
Paper – I General Studies (Degree Standard)
- Unit – 1 Modern History of India and Indian Culture
- Unit – 2 General Aptitude and Mental Ability
- Unit – 3 Role and Impact of Science and Technology in the Development of India and Tamil Nadu
Paper – II General Studies (Degree Standard)
- Indian Polity and Emerging Political Trends across the World Affecting India and Geography of India.
- Indian Polity
- Emerging Political Trends across the World Affecting India.
- Geography of India
- Indian Polity
- Language (Tamil or English)
- Tamil Language, Tamil Society – Its Culture and Heritage
- தமிழர் பண்பாட்டுத் தோற்றமும் பரவலும்
- பண்டைத் தமிழர் வாழ்வியல் சிந்தனைகள் ( அறம், மறம், சடங்கு முறைகள்)
- தமிழர் சமயமும் நெறிமுறைகளும் (சைவம், வைணவம்)
- தமிழர் கலையும் நாகரிகமும் (இயல் , இசை, நாடகம் , சிற்பம், ஓவியம் ….)
- தற்கால தமிழரின் சமூக வாழ்க்கை (அரசியல், கல்வி, வணிகம்,….)
- English Language Skills
- Précis Writing
- Essay Writing on Current Issues.
- Comprehension of a Given Passage and Answering Questions there Upon.
- English Language Skills
- Administration of Union and States with Special Reference to Tamil Nadu
The question paper will be drafted bilingually, which is both printed in Tamil and English language. Individuals may prefer to answer the questions in any one language. If they choose to answer in Tamil then write the whole answer in Tamil only, this applies for English too. In case the candidate prefers to answer in English and he/ she is willing answer the language section in Tamil, they are allowed to do it. But the Tamil language section should be written in Tamil only.
Paper –III General Studies (Degree Standard)
- Current Events of National and International Importance
- Current Economic Trends: Indian Economy and Impact of Global Economy on India
- Indian Economy
- Impact of Global Economy on India
- Impact of Economic Crisis on India
- India’s Crisis Responses and Challenges
- The Options Ahead
- Socio – Economic Issues in India and Tamil Nadu
Likewise the syllabus for preliminary exam, the topics listed here for main exam contains many sub topics and sections. For getting detailed information about TNPSC Group 1 Main Exam Syllabus refer the file attached in this section.
Note: Here in this section we have clearly discussed the important topics of the TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus. For more information about the Group 1 Exam aspirants may refer the above linked section related to this exam. Also refer the official site or follow this section to get latest updated about this exam.