Odisha Police Recruitment 2017: In Odisha Police Departments, currently there are more than five hundred vacancies noticed for Constable designations. The recruitment notice rolled out for this purpose says, only male candidates are needed. Also, they should have registered their names in any of the state Employment Exchange Offices, before release of this advertisement. This government service is a temporary basis appointment, for which basic knowledge in Odia language is very important. Through online/ offline mode, physically fit candidates are asked to register their profile. Other details about this Odisha Police recruitment 2017 are elaborated on below section.
|Board Name||Odisha Police (SSB)|
|Vacancy Nos||521||Last Date||04-01-2017|
Odisha Police Recruitment 2017
Odisha Police Force serves people of state from any illegal activities, terrorism, etc. In short, it is the state law enforcement agency. This department has planned to conduct a recruitment through Staff Selection Board (SSB) to meet its current manpower requirements in specialized 9th India Reserve Battalion. Applied eligible candidates will be offered with e-pass to appear in the different tests of Odisha Police recruitment.
Aspirants those who had done educational/ sports achievements or obtained National Cadet Corps certificate will be given additional weightage at the time of selection. State Government’s Group ‘C’/ ‘D’ recruitment rules are followed for doing contractual appointments for Constable positions. Even the Character reports will be verified before appointing selected aspirants.
Vacancy Details in Odisha Police
|No.||Position Name||No. of Posts||Age Limit||Maximum Salary|
|1.||Constable||521||23 years||As per rules|
Educational Requirement: For Constable posts, even School level education is enough. But they must have studied Odia as one of the subject in High School that is equivalent to M.E. standard. Equivalent qualification is also acceptable.
- Education for Constable posts: High School pass
Age Constraints: Minimum eligible age to apply for this Constable designation is 18 years and the maximum age is 23 years, which will be computed as on 1st January 2016. For some category candidates, ceiling age relaxations are applicable as stated below.
- Relaxations for SC/ ST/ SEBC category: 5 years
- Age relaxation for Ex-servicemen: as per Government rules.
Recruitment Method: In Mobile number/ Email id of eligible applicants, an intimation would be sent to appear for PMT, PET and Written Exam. Candidates who are successfully overcoming each selection stage step-by-step with good marks shall only get deputed.
- Physical Measurement Test (PMT): The height, weight and chest (expanded/ un-expanded) measurements will be taken into consideration for selection.
- Medical Examination: Before commencement of PET, medical examination will be conducted for contestants as per Odisha Police recruitment standards.
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET): In this test, running, broad jump, rope climbing, swimming, cross country and high jump will be conducted. Candidates clearing these events shall only be considered for next level.
- Driving Test: Aspirants who had mentioned (in application) as they are proficient in driving will be subjected driving test. Valid driving licence would also be checked.
- Written Examination: An OMR based exam will be conducted by asking questions from Oriya language, English language, Arithmetic, General Knowledge and Logical Reasoning etc.
Salary and Allowances: Candidates selected for the Constable posts under Odisha Police recruitment 2017 will be offered with monthly salary and other admissible allowances, based on state government rules.
Examination Fee: Remit non-refundable examination fee for this Odisha Police recruitment using Debit/ Credit Card/ Net Banking facilities or as Cheque/ Cash using Challan form in any SBI branches or using Common Service Centers (CSCs).
- Fee to be paid: 200/-
- For SC/ ST category: No fees
- Payment Mode: Online/ Offline
How to Apply for Odisha Police Recruitment 2017
Online mode of applications shall only be accepted for this Odisha Police recruitment. The steps for doing registration are,
- Log on to the official web portal lokaseba-odisha.in.
- Click on “Apply for Recruitment of Constables in 9th IRB” in home page.
- Fill the mandatory fields in application and upload the scanned copies of photograph/ signature.
- After verifying the entered details, click on “Submit” button.
- A payment link will also be enabled for doing online transaction.
- As per applicant’s wish do the payment and take printout copy of completed application and e-receipt.
If there is any registration problem (through online), approach the Help Desk of Battalions/ Office of Superintendent of Police (Kalahandi) or can call SSB Help Desk numbers 0674-6580111, 0674-6580222, 0674-6580333. Those who are unable to do registration through online mode can submit the application through offline mode by following the below given guidelines.
By paying Rs.50/- in bank draft form, which is drawn on favour of “Chairman, State Selection Board, Odisha Police, Cuttack” (payable at Cuttack) collect the application from Reception Counter of Battalion Headquarters/ Office of Superintendent of Police, Kalahandi (listed in notification) manually.
Duly fill it with correct information and submit it in “Camp Office of State Selection Board, OSAP 6th Bn, OMP Square, Cuttack” in person. Also receive the acknowledgement slip after submitting application. The photocopies of documents that should be attached with application are,
- Educational Qualification
- Age proof
- Employment Registration card
- Experience (if any), etc.
- Online registration gateway opens on – 5th Dec 2016
- Last date for filling online application – 4th Jan 2017
- Date for PMT and PET – 16th Jan 2017 (7.00 AM).
Note: The government job vacancies that are currently existing in Odisha Police Department are described on above section. To know about more information, go through the notice.