NPL Recruitment 2017: Recently National Physical Laboratory (NPL) has unfolded a direct recruitment notification with the goal filling up the Group ‘A’ and ‘B’ technical & scientific cadre posts in its administration. A group of 21 Indian citizens are going to be hired in response of this job advertisement, under the research based career areas like Applied Physics, Instrumentation, Power Electronics, Mechanical Engineering, etc. In this NPL recruitment 2017, highly qualified & experienced candidates and overall good performer in selection process will get high start in basic pay. Other details about this employment are discussed on below paragraphs.
|Organization||National Physical Laboratory (NPL)|
|Designation||Scientist and Technical Assistant|
|Vacancy Nos||21||Last Date||17-01-2017|
|Education||Diploma/ ME/ M.Tech/ B.Tech/ M.Sc with PG Degree/ Ph.D|
NPL Recruitment 2017
National Physical Laboratory (NPL) is a leading laboratory functioning beneath the support of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR). The work of this unit is to do R&D programmes in scientific disciplines. This laboratory is now looking ahead for human resources, to satisfy its department needs for Technical Assistants and Scientists. Candidates those who wish to serve as a young Indian researcher in respective cadres are asked to submit their applications through proper mode.
Contestants, who are deemed fit for these positions by NPL Screening Committee, shall get appointed on the order of merit and availability of vacancies. The duties of selected candidates are undertaking consultancy & sponsored R&D projects, maintenance of laboratory, development of bio-medical standards, etc. Based on assessment of appointee’s performances, promotion benefits are also applicable for their career advancement.
Post Wise Vacancies in NPL
|SI. No.||Position Name||No. of Posts||Upper Age||Salary|
|1.||Technical Assistant||6||28 years||Rs.34800/-|
Educational Qualification: Diploma qualified candidates (with first class marks) are necessary for the Technical Assistant position and Post Graduates are needed for the Scientist designation. This education must be obtained from any recognised 31 institution. Any other equivalent qualification is also acceptable.
- For Technical Assistant post: Diploma in Electrical/ Mechanical/ Civil Engineering/ ECE subjects
- For Scientist position: ME/ M.Tech or Ph. D in Electrical Engineering/ Instrumentation & Control/ Applied Physics/ Mechanical Engineering/ ECE/ Applied Optics/ Networking/ Computer Engineering/ Technical Management disciplines or Tech/ M.Sc with PG Degree in Intellectual Property Law
Work Experience: Experience is desirable for positions like Technical Assistant under Civil discipline and Scientist. The areas of experience required are preparation of estimates, supervision of work, measurements in field of temperature/ force & hardness metrology, biomedical instrumentation, intellectual property rights, etc.
- For Technical Assistant designation: 2 years
Age Restrictions: Candidates who are exceeding 28 years age limit for Technical Assistant post and 32 years age limit for Scientist designation are not found suitable for this NPL recruitment. The crucial date for reckoning these age limits is 17th January 2017. Relaxations are given for some category candidates like,
- For SC/ ST and regular employees of CSIR, Government departments/ Autonomous Bodies/ PSUs/ J&K Domicile: 5 years
- For OBC candidates: 3 years
- For PWD aspirants: 10 years
- For PWD (SC/ ST): 15 years
- For PWD (OBC): 13 years
Recruitment Procedure: All applied candidates will not be invited for the Skill Test/ Interview process of recruitment for Technical Assistant/ Scientist posts. Only reasonable number of most fitting aspirants will be informed about the test/ interview schedule.
If the received applications are more in number, sometimes a Screening/ Written Test would also be organised. On the basis of merit cum preference, final selection would be done.
- For Technical Assistant post: Written and/ or Trade/ Skill Test
- For Scientist position: Written Test and/ or Personal Interview
Salary and Allowances: The maximum salary allotted for each designation is mentioned above on table, as per Pay Band-2/ 3 standards. Apart from this House Rent Allowances/ Accommodation, Leave, DA, Pension, etc. benefits are also applicable. The basic pay details are listed here,
- For Technical Assistant post: Rs.9300 – 34800/- and Grade Pay of Rs.4200/- per month
- For Scientist designation: Rs.15600 – 39100/- and Grade Pay of Rs.6600/-
Application Fee: A bank draft drawn from any Nationalised bank should be send along with the hardcopy of application, in favour of “Director, National Physical Laboratory” that is payable at New Delhi. This draft should remain valid atleast for 3 months. At the reverse side of bank draft applicant should mention their “Name, Category, Post Code Applied for and Date of Birth” before sending.
- Cost of Application: Rs.100/-
- For SC/ ST/ PWD/ Women/ CSIR Employees: No fees
- Payment Mode: Offline
How to Apply Online for NPL Recruitment 2017
Applications are asked to be submitted through online mode for this NPL recruitment 2017. The general instructions for filling applications are given down,
- Open the official web portal nplindia.org.
- Read the detailed advertisement and instructions provided in website.
- Fill all the mandatory fields in application and enter valid email id/ mobile number.
- Also upload scanned copies of photograph & signature as per specifications.
- After prior checking, hit on “Submit” button.
- Finally take printout copy of registered application for further use.
The hardcopy of application (pasted with a self signed photograph) and Demand Draft should reach “Administrative Officer, National Physical Laboratory, Dr. K. S. Krishnan Marg, New Delhi –110 012” before last date. Employed candidates must route their applications through proper channel.
Envelope containing enclosures should be superscribed as “Application for the Post of _________ (with post code)”. Self attested copies of documents should also be sent through postal mode, which are
- Educational Qualification certificates & mark sheets
- Birth certificate
- Vigilance Clearance/ NOC/ Disability (as applicable), etc.
Dates to Remember
- Online registration gateway opens on this date – 17th Dec 2016
- Final date for filling online application – 17th Jan 2017
- Closing date for receipt of hard copies – 24th Jan 2017.
Note: Above said information will be useful for the job hunters who are seeking for career related opportunities on Technical Assistant/ Scientist lines. For more details, refer NPL’s official notification.