NPCC Assistant Engineer Syllabus 2017 Exam Pattern Download.National Projects Construction Corporation (NPCC) Limited has made an announcement earlier for the recruitment of Assistant Engineers in Civil Engineering. With an intention to implement the existing construction projects, they had scheduled an examination for finding the deserving personnel. To participate in this examination, intending candidates will have to make your registration through their web portal (www.npcc.gov.in). After the successful completion of registration process, start your preparation for examination from that time on wards. In order to avoid difficulties at this time, up to the due date of the examination applicants have to prepare an exam plan. For this preparation, competitors need NPCC Assistant Engineer Syllabus. The following sections explains clearly about the syllabus, each and every relevant topics are listed below,
|Company||National Projects Construction Corporation (NPCC)|
|Exam Name||Assistant Engineer Exam|
|Material||Assistant Engineer Syllabus|
Exam for Assistant Engineer in NPCC
The main motive of the examination is to recruit 50 Assistant Engineers to fulfill the insufficiency in their project work. Opportunity is only given for the Diploma Certificate holders in Civil Engineering. To execute this recruitment procedure, they had planned to conduct written examination for 120 marks.
Prior for the examination, the scrutiny committee would shortlists suitable persons on the basis of their qualifications and other eligibility conditions. The final empanelment will be done on the basis of marks secured by the candidates. For the ease of those competitors, we have designed NPCC Assistant Engineer Syllabus with all the topics in detailed form, which is furnished below,
NPCC Assistant Engineer Exam Pattern 2017
Candidates who wish to secure the position of Assistant Engineer will have to write an objective type written examination with 120 questions for a total duration of 120 minutes. For exam attendees, there is a plus point that no negative marking is fixed for this examination. And also, they have a choice to answer the questions either in English or Hindi language. Section wise distribution of marks is shown clearly in the below tabular column,
|I||Civil Engineering||80||120 mins|
|General Intelligence/ Reasoning||10|
NPCC Assistant Engineer Syllabus 2017
The concerned examination question paper will comprise of two papers with questions from basic qualification in part-I and for testing GK, Reasoning, Numerical Ability and English knowledge in part-II. NPCC Assistant Engineer Syllabus 2017 is furnished below seperately.
Civil Engineering Syllabus for NPCC Exam
- Physical and Chemical properties, classification etc, of materials
- Silicate based materials, cement (Portland), asbestos products, timber, etc.
- Other relevant terms
Estimating, Costing and Valuation
- estimate, glossary of technical terms
- methods and unit of measurement
- Mid-section formula, Trapezoidal formula, Simpson‘s rule
- depreciation and obsolescence
- Principles of surveying
- working of prismatic compass, compass traversing
- Advanced surveying equipment.
- Origin of soil, phase diagram
- Determination of coefficient of permeability, Unconfined and confined aquifers.
- Principles of consolidation, degree of consolidation and pre-consolidation pressure.
- Laboratory compaction test
- Fluid properties, hydro statics, measurements of flow
- Bernoulli‘s theorem and its application
- Flow through pipes, flow in open channels, weirs, flumes, spillways, pumps and turbines
- Definition, necessity, benefits, effects of irrigation, types and methods of irrigation.
- Different type of canals, types of canal irrigation, loss of water in canals.
- Canal lining
- Characteristics of affecting fertility of soils, purposes, etc
- Description of land and reclamation processes.
- Major irrigation projects in India.
- Highway Engineering
- Bituminous construction, Rigid pavement joint and pavement maintenance.
- Traffic Engineering
- Quality of water, source of water supply
- Purification of water, distribution of water,
- Need of sanitation, sewerage systems, circular sewer, oval sewer, sewer appurtenances, and sewage treatments.
- Surface water drainage
- General Knowledge
- Current Affairs
- General Knowledge
- Banking Awareness
- Indian Financial System
- Regulatory Bodies Monetary & Credit Policies
- History of Indian Banking Industry
- Budget Basics and Current Union Budge
- Capital Market & Money Market
- International Organization/ Financial Institutions
- Government Schemes Abbreviations and Economic terminologies
- Abbreviations and Economic terminologies
- General Intelligence/ Reasoning
- Data Sufficiency
- Analogy and Logic
- Puzzle Test
- Theme Detection
- Alphabet Test
- Eligibility Test
- Clocks & Calendars
- Logical Venn Diagrams
- Deriving Conclusions from Passages
- Logical Sequence of Word
- Series Completion
- Statement – Conclusions
- Inserting the Missing Character
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Statement – Arguments
- Mathematical Operations
- Alpha Numeric Sequence Puzzle
- Situation Reaction Test
- Number, Ranking & Time Sequence
- Numerical Ability
- Computation of Whole Numbers.
- Number Systems
- Relationship Between Numbers
- Decimals and Fractions
- Fundamental Arithmetical Operations
- Ratio & Proportion
- Profit & Loss
- Simple Interest
- Use of Tables and Graphs
- Time & Work
- Time & Distance
- English Language
- Verb and Subject-Verb Agreement.
- Error Correction
- Articles, Tenses and Voice.
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Fill in the Blanks
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Unseen Passages
- Idioms & Phrases, etc
Dates to Remember
|Online application submission starting date||26-11-2016|
|Online application submission last date||26-12-2016|
|Final date for deposition of application fee||28-12-2016|
Note: The overall details regarding NPCC Assistant Engineer Syllabus 2017 are furnished in the above sections.